Artur Pizarro "Chopin: Reminiscences" SACD
Renowned pianist Artur Pizarro turns to the Romantic piano music of Chopin.
Artur has this to say about the release:
'The repertoire of this CD looks back to my childhood and my early contact with Chopin. Piano has been a part of my life since before I can remember as my maternal grandmother was one half of a classical piano duo. A lot of solo piano was also played and Chopin was prominently featured. I also was able to listen to a lot of Rubinstein and Neuhaus playing Chopin on LPs.
The Fantaisie-Impromptu, the c-sharp minor posthumous nocturne (which I played on my first recital 25 years ago!) and the mazurkas on this CD where among the first piano works I ever played. The rest are either pieces I would hear my grandmother, Berta da Nóbrega, play or her duo partner Evaristo Campos Coelho (a student of Vianna da Motta, Viñes, and Isidor Phillip) or my own teacher Sequeira Costa (who also studied with Vianna da Motta, and with Mark Hambourg, Edwin Fischer, Marguerite Long and Jacques Février). I mention these great teachers of the piano who have influenced me in one way or another as their teachings have always been present in my life with Chopin.'
- Grande Valse Brillante in Eb, Op. 18
- Valse in Ab major, Op.69 No.1
- Grande Valse Brillante Op.34 No.1
- Valse in Eb major, op.post.
- Fantaisie – Impromptu in C# minor, Op.66
- Nocturne in B major Op.62 No.1
- Nocturne in c-sharp minor Op.post
- Nocturne in D-flat major Op.27 No.2
- Nocturne in E-flat major Op.9 No.2
- Polonaise in Ab major, Op.53 “Héroique”
- Mazurka in A-flat major Op.24 No.3
- Mazurka in F major Op.68 No.3
- Mazurka in b-flat minor Op.24 No. 4
- Mazurka in B-flat major Op.17 No.1
- Scherzo No. 2 in Bb Minor, Op.31