Maximiliano Martin "Vibraciones del Alma" SACD
Vibraciones del Alma, the second solo recital album from Spanish clarinettist Maximiliano Martín, explores the diversity of European clarinet repertoire.
Clarinettist Maximiliano Martín and pianist Scott Mitchell present a captivating selection of music from composers such as Yuste, McCabe and Romero.
Following on from his acclaimed debut album Fantasía, this programme further establishes Martín as a leading advocate and interpreter of Spanish clarinet music with works from Europe's leading clarinet composers. Liverpool-born composer John McCabe personally advised Martín with regard to his performance of Pieces for clarinet and piano for this recording, resulting in an insightful and authentic performance.
Charles-Marie Jean Albert Widor's trademark virtuosity is evident in the Introduction and Rondo, Op.72. Martín more than meets the demands of the great contrasts of beautifully lyrical phrases and technically complex bravura passages.
- Vibraciones del Alma, Op. 45: I. Adagio
- Vibraciones del Alma, Op. 45: II. Allegro
- Solo de Concours, Op. 10
- Primer Solo de Concierto
- 3 Pieces, Op. 26: No. 1. Nocturne
- 3 Pieces, Op. 26: No. 2 Improvisation
- 3 Pieces, Op. 26: No. 3. Fantasy
- Introduction et rondo, Op. 72
- Grand duo concertant in E-Flat Major, Op. 48, J. 204: I. Allegro con fuoco
- Grand duo concertant in E-Flat Major, Op. 48, J. 204: II. Andante con moto
- Grand duo concertant in E-Flat Major, Op. 48, J. 204: III. Rondo: Allegro