William Carter "Le Calme: Fernando Sor Late Works" SACD
Le Calme: Fernando Sor Late Works is the highly anticipated follow-up to William Carter's acclaimed Early Works recording of 2010. This second collection showcases some of Sor's most popular works in this intimate recording.
William Carter's Le Calme: Fernando Sor Late Works is an appealing collection of works by the Spanish guitar virtuoso and composer Fernado Sor, featuring some of Sor's most popular works.
This collection demonstrates highly elaborate structures and techniques that pushed the boundaries of the instrument during Sor's time. These recordings employ a performance practice set out by Sor himself; Carter plays with his fingertips, creating an intimate sound.
Carter's passion for the guitar enthuses his playing with a freshness and vitality that makes these compositions as appealing to today's listeners as it was for the original composition audiences.
- Études, Op. 29: No. 23 in G Major. Allegro
- Études, Op. 29: No. 13 in B Major. Andante lento
- Études, Op. 29: No. 17 in C Major. Allegro moderato
- Morceau de concert, Op. 54: Andante largo
- Morceau de concert, Op. 54: Theme varie
- Morceau de concert, Op. 54: Allegro
- Lecon, Op. 31: No. 16, Moderato
- 6 Bagatelles, Op. 43: No. 4, Mazurka
- 6 Short Pieces, Op. 32: No. 2, Waltz
- Le Calme, caprice pour guitar seul, Op. 50, Andante
- Lecon, Op. 60: No. 22, Allegro moderato
- Exercise, Op. 35: No. 17, Moderato
- Exercise, Op. 35: No. 22, Allegretto
- Lecon, Op. 31: No. 23, Mouvement de prière religieuse